ACLT Events Intern –
ACLT is seeking an Event Intern to work with Development and Communications approximately 10 – 15 hrs. per week. This unpaid position is a great opportunity to join an established organization and gain valuable non-profit event, marketing, communications, and social media skills training and experience.
The American Chestnut Land Trust (ACLT) is a non-profit organization with a mission to promote land conservation throughout Calvert County. ACLT manages a 3,200 acre nature preserve between Prince Frederick and Port Republic featuring 22 miles of hiking trails. Programs include land management, wildlife habitat restoration, a regenerative farm, a food forest, plus regular events including guided hikes & canoe trips, summer Sunday public events, athletic events and a variety of fundraising events.
Primary Tasks, which will be taught and monitored:
• Work with the Community Relations Coordinator to plan and produce a variety of events
• Assist in promoting events through existing website and online calendars
• Manage registration and participant communications
• Assist with lead-in event planning duties as well as set-up and break-down “day of” responsibilities
• Monitor and push social media engagement before, during and after the event
• Assist with photography during events
• Assist with other marketing, PR and development projects as assigned/available
Contact Pam Shilling, ACLT Community Relations Manager, at email@example.com for more information and to apply.