Trails: ACLT’s Parkers Creek Preserve
ACLT maintains 22 miles of free hiking trails that are open year-round from dawn to dusk every day. Download the complete trail map here.
Printed maps are available for free at ACLT’s trailhead locations:
- North Side Trailhead: 676 Double Oak Rd., Prince Frederick, MD 20678
- PF2Bay Trailhead: (Shares parking lot with St. John Vianney Church) 105 Vianney Lane, Prince Frederick, MD 20678
- South Side Trailhead: 2650 Scientists Cliffs Rd, Port Republic, MD 20676
Occasionally, trails may be closed for a variety of reasons ranging from weather to flooding to hunting. Closures will be listed on the home page.
Guided nature hikes are offered seasonally, led by ACLT Master Naturalists and volunteers. Visit the Calendar of Events to register
The trails are provided free of charge, but maintaining the trails is not without cost. It’s dedicated nature lovers like you that make it all possible! If you enjoy visiting our trails, please consider supporting ACLT by becoming a member, volunteering, and/or making a donation.
Did you know that you can schedule a group visit to tour the gardens, have a guided hike, or paddle the creek? Request a group visit
- Please sign in. A sign-up sheet and pen are provided. Demographic information as well as hiker observations are collected and used by the ACLT staff for a variety of purposes including grant applications and other reporting requirements.
- Stay on the trails at all times. Trails are designed to minimize adverse impacts on land, plants, and animals.
- Trails are open to the public from dawn to dusk. All areas are closed at dark.
- For their safety, dogs must be leashed at all times. Please clean up after your pet.
- Smoking and fires are not allowed.
- Also NOT allowed: Motorized Vehicles (such as ATVs), horses, and bicycles (except on East Loop Trail).
- Leave no trace. Please do not collect or remove anything from the property (including wood, plants, animals, artifacts, etc.) and do not litter.