Trails: ACLT’s Parkers Creek Preserve
ACLT maintains 22 miles of free hiking trails that are open year-round from dawn to dusk every day. Download the complete trail map here.
Printed maps are available for free at ACLT’s trailhead locations:
- North Side Trailhead: 676 Double Oak Rd., Prince Frederick, MD 20678
- PF2Bay Trailhead: (Shares parking lot with St. John Vianney Church) 105 Vianney Lane, Prince Frederick, MD 20678
- South Side Trailhead: 1985 Scientists Cliffs Road, Port Republic, MD 20676
For detailed descriptions of all trails, click here.
Occasionally, trails may be closed for a variety of reasons ranging from weather to flooding to hunting. Closures will be listed on the home page.
Guided nature hikes are offered seasonally, led by ACLT Master Naturalists and volunteers. Visit the Calendar of Events to register
The trails are provided free of charge, but maintaining the trails is not without cost. It’s dedicated nature lovers like you that make it all possible! If you enjoy visiting our trails, please consider supporting ACLT by becoming a member, volunteering, and/or making a donation.
Did you know that you can schedule a group visit to tour the gardens, take a guided hike, or volunteer as a group? Request a group visit
- Please sign in. A QR Code is posted at every trailhead or use the sign-up sheet. Demographic information, as well as hiker observations, are collected and used by ACLT staff for a variety of purposes including grant applications and other reporting requirements.
- For their safety (and per Calvert County law), dogs must be leashed at all times. Citations may be issued. Please be considerate of other hikers by cleaning up after your pet.
- Trails are open to the public from dawn to dusk. No overnight parking is permitted.
- Stay on the trails at all times. Trails are designed to minimize erosion and avoid adverse impacts on land, plants, and animals.
- Smoking and fires are not allowed.
- Also NOT allowed: Motorized Vehicles (such as ATVs), horses, and bicycles (except on East Loop Trail).
- Leave no trace. Please do not collect or remove anything from the property (including wood, plants, animals, artifacts, etc.) and do not litter.