Become a Maryland Master Naturalist!
2019 Class February 25 – June 10
at the American Chestnut Land Trust
ACLT’s Master Naturalists are the people who actively make positive change for our local natural world. You share knowledge with the community, check on the well-being of our birds, fish, lizards, turtles and others, work with scientists on the health of our waterways, find invasive species damaging our native plants and help, and so much more! Take a moment to check out the photos of past classes and some of the amazing things you will get to do.
program details below
Share your love of nature! A “Master Naturalist” is a citizen scientist who is dedicated to the care and conservation of Maryland’s natural environment. Certified Master Naturalists can share their expertise with the public, participate in research, and guide hikes and canoe trips.
ACLT is now accepting applications for its 7th Annual Maryland Master Naturalist Class
- Classes will take place on Monday nights from 6-9pm from February through June in Prince Frederick
- There will also be 4 field trips:
Wed TBA – Herp Hunt; Sat TBA – Ornithology; Sat TBA – Dendrology; Sat TBA – Canoe Trip on Parkers Creek
- Classes cover Maryland natural history topics such as: geology, birds, mammals, Chesapeake Bay issues, fresh and salt water ecology, tree identification and many more.
- Once certified as a naturalist, participants get to complete 40 volunteer service hours per year! Time well spent improving wildlife habitat, helping with research projects, caring for the land and helping the natural world!
- Please note: The required volunteer hours must be completed at ACLT (20 hours) and Battle Creek or Cove Point (20 hours) annually.
- The class fee is $250. Limited scholarships are available based on need
- Applications Due by February 11th, 2019
Want to know what the class experience is like? Check out our blog post from Master Naturalist and ACLT staff member Mike Molina.
Questions? Contact ACLT Land Manager and Program Coordinator, Autumn Phillips-Lewis, at 410-414-3400 or at firstname.lastname@example.org
Ready to register for the 2019 class?
Download Application Here: 2019 Application (word doc)
Registration deadline is February 11th, 2019.
Email completed applications to Autumn Phillips-Lewis at email@example.com
Or Mail to:
ACLT Master Naturalist Program
PO Box 2363
Prince Frederick, MD