ACLT's 2020 Parkers Creek Challenge Virtual BIATHLON
Notice: Registration for the PCC Triathlon is now closed.
New this year: A Virtual Alternative to the PCC Triathlon
For those who would prefer to complete the Parkers Creek Challenge on their own, we are offering a virtual biathlon option (the biking and running portions only). The virtual biathlon can be completed at a time convenient to each participant. It is non-competitive and based on the honor system. There is no requirement to provide proof that it has been completed. See below for full details.
The biathlon begins with the same bike route as the triathlon – from ACLT’s south side trailhead to St. Leonard Elementary and back, followed by a run (or walk) of approximately 4 miles on ACLT trails.
August 15th through Sunday, November 1, 2020 at a time that is convenient to the participant.
Please note: Bow hunting season begins September 11th. ACLT allows all types of hunting on its properties on certain days. Click here for full schedule. On Sundays, hunting is only permitted until 9 a.m. throughout the season. Firearms hunting season does not begin until the end of November.
- Beginning at the ACLT South Side trailhead (2650 Scientists Cliffs Rd, Port Republic, MD 20676), bike to Parkers Creek Rd, turning left onto Parkers Creek Rd to MD-765 S. Turn left onto MD-765 S and ride to the St. Leonard Elementary School (5370 St. Leonard Rd, St. Leonard MD 20685), turn around and return to the South Side trailhead by the same route.
- Run a 4-mile route on ACLT’s south side trails (Route TBD and posted soon!).
- All participants must read and sign the ACLT waivers of liability at time of registration.
- Completion of biathlon is based on the honor system. Participants are not required to provide proof of completion.
- The two portions of the biathlon may be completed on separate days.
- Participants may walk or run the trail portion of the biathlon.
A NOTE ABOUT EVENT FEES & T-SHIRTS – PLEASE READ!
NEW WAY TO GET YOUR EVENT T-SHIRTS! Order your own event t-shirts and have them shipped directly to you! Lots of colors and styles to choose from at affordable prices! A portion of the proceeds from the sale of the t-shirts will benefit ACLT. Other t-shirt designs also available in our online store.
- ACLT Members: $15/participant. See note about event t-shirt above.
- New Member Discount: $35 – One membership for up to 2 individuals or a family of 3 living in same household. See note about event t-shirt above.
- Non-Members: $20/participant. See note about event t-shirt above.
Cancellations & Refunds
- Not applicable. No refunds will be given unless the government issues a “stay-at-home” order that forces ACLT to cancel the virtual biathlon.
COVID-19 SAFETY INFORMATION:
While participating in the Parkers Creek Challenge Virtual Biathlon, “social distancing” must be practiced and face coverings must be worn when passing other trail users to reduce the risks of exposure to COVID-19.
- Individuals who are experiencing any symptoms associated with COVID-19, which include fever, cough, and shortness of breath among others;
- Individuals who have traveled at any point within 14 days prior to their participation, either internationally or to a community in the U.S. that has experienced or is experiencing sustained community spread of COVID-19; or
- Individuals who believe that they may have been exposed to a confirmed or suspected case of COVID-19 or have been diagnosed with COVID-19 and are not yet cleared as non-contagious by state or local public health authorities or the health care team responsible for their treatment.
Race begins and ends at ACLT’s South Side Trailhead: 2650 Scientists Cliffs Road, Port Republic, MD 20676