Saturday, July 13, 2019 | 10AM – 2PM | ACLT’s Double Oak Farm
“IN YOUR OWN BACK YARD”
Join ACLT at the Southern Maryland Nature Fest to celebrate the numerous extraordinary nature parks, hiking trails, eco-tourism farms and nature museums located right in our own back yard! Nature organizations from across Southern Maryland will participate with exhibits and activities for the whole family. Free giveaways for the first 200 attendees!
ON THE BARN PORCH
Live Music by local Musician Joe Norris
The Monarch Mobile Butterfly Release
Blue Bird Demo
Farm & Garden Tours
Naturally Grown Flowers for Sale
ACLT’s trails will be open!
Master Gardener’s Baywise Tent
Master Naturalists Blue Bird Demo
Mary Hollinger’s Turtles
North Beach Eco-Tourism Dept.
Calvert Nature Society (Battle Creek/Kings Landing/Flag Ponds)
Calvert County Environmental Commission
Point Lookout State Park 5-Park Complex
Calvert Green Team
Sotterley Historic Plantation
Southern Maryland Sierra Club
Southern Maryland Audubon Society
Fresh Produce from Chesapeake’s Bounty
HOW MANY SOUTHERN MARYLAND NATURE SITES HAVE YOU VISITED?
Explore the map below to learn more about all the nature parks, hiking trails, eco-tourism farms and museums located in Southern Maryland.
NOTE: Sites marked with a star are participating in Southern Maryland Nature Fest!
NATURE FEST CONTEST
Enter to win this adorable Raccoon Bluebird Box! It’s easy to enter!
- Check out our interactive map of Southern Maryland Nature Sites above,
- Visit our Facebook Page, and
- List the sites you’ve visited in the comments under the Contest Post.
You may also enter the contest at Nature Fest!
According to the National Audubon Society: “Bluebirds are cavity nesters. Rather than make their own nests, bluebirds take advantage of existing nooks and crannies in trees. But today, as natural cavities have become fewer and farther between, bluebirds increasingly rely on human-made homes. To keep populations healthy, naturalists are urging people across the country to erect and tend bluebird boxes.”
- One entry per person;
- Parks and other nature sites mentioned must be located in Southern Maryland (Calvert, Charles and St. Mary’s Counties);
- Drawing to be held Monday, July 15, 2019. Need not be present to win;
- Entries may be made on our Facebook page or at Nature Fest on July 13th by completing the form with your name, phone # and nature parks you have visited in Southern Maryland;
- This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed, administered by or associated with Facebook. By entering, each entrant releases Facebook of any liability or responsibility.
North Side Trailhead/Double Oak Farm