ACLT’s triathlon with a twist involves biking 9.2 miles from the South Side trailhead on Scientists Cliffs Road to the end of Double Oak Road in Prince Frederick, running 1 mile down Double Oak Road Trail to Parkers Creek, kayaking 2 miles down the creek to the Warriors Rest Sanctuary, then running 2 miles back to the South Side Trailhead.
Only 50 participants can be accommodated in this event so sign up ASAP!
American Chestnut Land Trust’s Parkers Creek Preserve
Starting Location: 2650 Scientists’ Cliffs Rd, Port Republic, MD 20676
$50 – General Fee
$40 – ACLT Members
Help protect and care for this beautiful region for as little as $35 and get a discount on the event!
- Friday, September 28th – Registration Packet Pick-up and Canoe/Kayak Drop Off: 3 – 7pm at end of Double Oak Rd, Prince Frederick, MD 20678
- Saturday, September 29th – (Times Tentative) Sign In at 6:15am; Race Start at 7am
- Bike 9.2 miles from the South Side trailhead on Scientists Cliffs Road to the end of Double Oak Road in Prince Frederick.(no bikes provided)
- Run 1 mile down Double Oak Road Trail to Parkers Creek
- Canoe/Kayak 2 miles down the creek to the Warriors Rest Sanctuary (no canoes/kayaks provided)
- Run 2 miles back to the South Side Trailhead
Top 3 Males and Females Overall will receive the official ACLT race medal (handcrafted pottery medallion)
Parking assistants will guide you to park in an assigned field. To minimize impact on local neighborhoods do not park along Scientists Cliffs Road. We encourage carpooling where possible.
Timing & Results
Race clocks and volunteer time callers will be present along course. Timing is unofficial. Results will be posted within one week.
- Participants must provide their own kayak/canoe and bike.
- Kayaks/canoes MUST be dropped off during the registration time on Friday Sept 28th between 3-7pm.
- Kayaks/Canoes and bikes must be removed from ACLT property immediately following event. (Detailed logistics will be shared with registrants within the weeks prior to the race.)
- Kayaks/Canoes will be delivered to creek side by ACLT staff/volunteers. If participant drops off kayak/canoe on Friday but does not show up for race on Saturday participant is responsible for removing their boat without the use of motorized equipment.
- All participants must read and sign waiver prior to September 29th.
What’s included in my fee?
Each registrant will receive the following items:
A commemorative t-shirt is included. Images to be shared in September.
Each participant will receive a boat number, bike number, and bib number. The bib number must be worn on the front of the body and visible at all times.
POST-RACE FOOD & DRINK
Participants are encouraged to stick around after the race for complimentary food and refreshments.
Cancellations & Refunds
- Inclement weather: Race will be moved to Sunday September 30th (no refunds)
- If inclement weather continues or prohibits use of trails/creek on 9/30, full refunds will be issued.
- Cancellations must be made by September 12th to receive a refund. A $5 service fee will be charged.
- Anyone on the wait list will be notified in order as soon as possible and no later than Monday, September 17th.
Volunteers are critical to making this event fun, safe, and enjoyable for everyone. We rely heavily on volunteer support, and are always looking for folks who don’t mind waking up early and lending a hand. If you’d like to volunteer please contact Autumn Phillips-Lewis at firstname.lastname@example.org.
South Side Trailhead