Please note change in start time, which was necessary due to the tide schedule.
Are you ready to take on the CHALLENGE?
ACLT’s triathlon with a twist starts with a round trip 9-mile bike ride between the ACLT South Side trail head on Scientists Cliffs Road in Port Republic, MD, and St. Leonard Elementary School in St. Leonard; running 2 miles to the Chesapeake Bay along Scientists Cliffs Road and through the Warrior’s Rest sanctuary; paddling a 3-mile round trip on the Bay and pristine Parkers Creek; and making the return 2-mile run to the South Side trail head.
New This Year! Relay teams will be permitted to compete in a separate class from individuals. We’re working on the details and will post them as soon as we can.
Registration opens in August.
Only 75 participants can be accommodated in this event so sign up ASAP!
American Chestnut Land Trust’s Parkers Creek Preserve
Starting Location: 2650 Scientists Cliffs Rd, Port Republic, MD 20676
$50 – General Fee
$40 – ACLT Members
Friday, September 25 – Registration packet pickup and kayak/canoe/paddle board drop off: 4-7:30 pm at Warrior’s Rest (1920 Scientists Cliffs Road, Port Republic, MD 20676)
Saturday, September 26 – Race Day check-in at 9:00 am; Race starts at 10:00 am
- Beginning at the ACLT South Side trail head (2650 Scientists Cliffs Rd, Port Republic, MD 20676), bike to Parkers Creek Rd, turning left onto Parkers Creek Rd to MD-765 S. Turn left onto MD-765 S and ride to the St. Leonard Elementary School (5370 St. Leonard Rd, St. Leonard MD 20685), turn around and return to the South Side trail head by the same route. Drop off bike.
- Run east on Scientists Cliffs Rd and down the Warrior’s Rest driveway to the Bay shore launch site. Launch kayak/canoe/paddle board.
- Paddle approximately 300 yards from the launch site on the Bay to Parkers Creek, turning left into the Creek and paddling to the designated turnaround point (a total of 1.5 miles), returning to Warrior’s Rest, for a total of 3 miles.
- Run back up the Warrior’s Rest driveway to Scientists Cliffs Rd and follow it to the South Side trail head, completing the Challenge.
Top 3 Males and top 3 Females Overall will receive the official ACLT race medallion (handcrafted pottery)
Parking assistants will guide you to park in an assigned field at the South Side Trail head. To minimize impact on local neighborhoods, do not park along Scientists Cliffs Road. We encourage carpooling where possible.
Timing & Results
The race clock will be at the finish line. Timing is unofficial.
- Participants must provide their own kayak, canoe, or paddle board (paddle and PFD), and bike.
- Kayaks/canoes/paddle boards MUST be dropped off during the registration time on Friday September 25 between 4 – 7:30 pm at the Warrior’s Rest launch site (1920 Scientists Cliffs Road, Port Republic, Md.).
- Kayaks/canoes/paddle boards must be removed from ACLT property immediately following the event.
- Kayaks/canoes/paddle boards will be moved to the shore by ACLT personnel for the race and delivered to the South Side trail head after the race is completed. If a participant drops off a kayak/canoe/paddle board on Friday but does not show up for the race on Saturday, the participant is responsible making arrangements to pick it up at a later date. ACLT is not responsible for unclaimed race equipment.
- All participants must read and sign the ACLT race waiver prior to the race.
What’s included in my fee?
Each registrant will receive the following items:
A commemorative T-shirt is included. Images to be shared in September.
Each participant will receive a boat number, bike number, and bib number. The bib number must be worn on the front of the body and be visible at all times.
POST-RACE FOOD & DRINK
Participants are encouraged to stay after the race for complimentary refreshments and the awards ceremony.
Cancellations & Refunds
- Rain Date: Sunday, September 27th (no refunds). If inclement weather continues or prohibits use of roads/creek on 10/6, full refunds will be issued.
- Cancellations must be made by September 20th to receive a refund. A $5 service fee will be charged.
- Anyone on the wait list will be notified in order as soon as possible and no later than Monday, September 21st.
Volunteers are critical to making this event fun, safe, and enjoyable for everyone. We rely heavily on volunteer support, and are always looking for folks who don’t mind waking up early and lending a hand. If you’d like to volunteer, please contact Autumn Phillips-Lewis at (410) 414-3400 or email email@example.com.
Registration opens in August.
South Side Trailhead